Together, we launched a Tumblr blog called Bankrupting America. This hub on everything Bank of America highlights the worst of the big bank’s deeds, personal stories of those that have been hurt by the company and what everyday people are doing to fight back. The web site features everything from posts lampooning the company, to on-the-ground organizing efforts, to the latest news and reports on Bank of America activities.
- Bank of America is the #1 forecloser of American’s homes.
- Bank of America has shed nearly 100,000 jobs over the past several years — while it paid its top five executives over $500 million in bonuses.
- Bank of America is the #1 funder of the US coal industry, which is polluting our communities and cooking our climate.
Here’s a couple ways you can take action to call out Bank of America:
- Check out the blog. Visit BankruptingAmerica.tumblr.com and share the content on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any other network you’re on.
- Submit content! If you’re a dissatisfied BoA customer and/or closing your account, if you're an activist or organizer involved in a protest or campaign, or if you're simply someone disgusted by BoA’s banking practices, we want you to submit to the blog. Just go to BankruptingAmerica.tumblr.com/add.
Check out, share, and submit to Bankrupting America today!